2008-08-11

Season 2 Mad Men recaps discontinued... sort of

I am both sad and happy to tell you that AMC is posting thorough, excellent recaps of their own shows in a much more timely manner than I possibly could hope to match.

I'm sad about this because I really enjoy doing the recaps. But I'm happy because neither my carpal tunnel syndrome nor my increasingly screwy sleep disorder could take much more abuse. (Even if I do the recap at a later date, I still have to do it at night, and it takes a while to get it the way I want it.)

Go to this page on AMC's website, which is full of good stuff, and click Episode Guide. I'd just give you that URL to link to, but Episode Guide links to a different page each week. It may link to the previous week's episode, but that's okay; use the navigation links in the sidebar on the right to find the episode you want, or a preview of the next week's episode.

If you still need more Mad Men, this blog posts a great analysis just as each episode is ending. You can't get any more prompt than that! I think this guy gets to watch the shows in advance; he also includes a couple of great stills from each episode. Highly recommended!

Guess I should have researched this before I started doing the recaps, huh?

I still intend to finish the season 1 recaps, just because I hate to leave that unfinished, but they'll be very condensed to just the main plot points. (That was the original plan anyway, but I tend to get carried away....)

For new episodes, I may still continue doing some kind of Mad Men feature, like maybe a "Great Moments in Mad Men Episodes" including memorable quotes and major plot points, or something like that. It might be irresistible not to! But they won't be very detailed.

2 comments:

Devid said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, your efforts have not gone to waste: I've just started watching season 2 now and read the episode 1 summary from AMC, then yours, to try to fill in any details & implications I might have missed - you have additional nuggets, thanks!