2008-09-08

Some apologies to Mad Men readers, and bonus photo


Click photo to enlarge. Explanation below.

Hey! I feel awful, saying I'll post a recap, or I won't post one, and then the opposite happens. Or I do post something, but it's got big dumb mistakes, or a huge chunk missing because I spilled wine on the rug and then other stuff comes up and I don't have time to rewatch the episode that night to polish off the recap. And then I say I'll post an update "soon" and it takes a week to get around to it.

(I think the Ugly Betty readers are used to it.)

I can't promise it will get much better, but I am devoted to this show and have no intention of skipping an episode unless there's some dire family emergency or something.

I wouldn't be able to recap this show at all if they hadn't moved it out of the Thursday lineup. But Sunday's not a lot better. On the other hand, I'm not sure any other night would be great either, since I need to get to bed earlier these days (health stuff) and go easier on my hands (carpal tunnel).

Plus, I've still got that recapping gig on ¡Caray, Caray!. I love it, but since telenovelas are daily, I have to post on my actual night, whether I'm up to it or not. (Telenovelas are more lightweight, so aside from the language difficulty, recapping them is usually pretty easy. Just time-consuming.) Staying up late just that one night can mess me up for a couple of days.

Anyway. I'm just acknowledging that I'm aware of my unreliability. Job, life, health, family, etc. all get higher priority, but I know people are reading these things (far more people than I would have expected), and I feel badly when I know I'm letting you down.

As for the photo: a few weeks ago, someone from AMC sent me some photos from the Mad Men season 2 wrap party. I picked this one because it gives the best view of John Hamm's personal smile. I don't know if I've ever seen Draper smile like that - it's always a tight smile, a smug smile, or a sardonic smile, but never a genuinely happy one.

No comments: